Thursday, March 12, 2015

Andrew Returns from the Bahamas!

Andrew is back!  I saw him briefly yesterday morning, after I looked around for the Zippy Van, frustrated, and then entered the warehouse and of course it was inside, ready to load, and Greg was there to help me load-- Andrew is good at making sure everyone has everything they need to do their jobs with ease, so it's nice to have him back.  Not that everyone at the farm isn't super great, but with our fearless leader away it's a bit like every-man-for-himself, only in the sense that we are all busy and not necessarily minutely aware of each other's schedules like AB is.

So, upon his return, Andrew wrote me the longest email I've ever gotten from him, and I thought it was so well-put  (and even poetic, really!) that I wanted to share it:
"Wow
What A Welcome home
Spent Sunday fixing frozen pipes in my house . Next both the fridge and freezer had issues. Then I spent 3 hours getting air out of my heating pipes.
Wonderful, eh.
On the positive side as I was walking home last nite I was still able to remember last week in the Bahamas:  I was walking on the beach in my bare feet... now I am walking up a narrow side walk drudging along along in my heavy boots rubbing on my legs.

Was looking out over all I can see is sandy white beach .. now all I can see is a sea of white snow with angry banks on the sidewalk that at waist level threatened me as I imagined leaving the confines of the sidewalk.

was in temperatures of 24  C..... now slugging along in temperatures of 24   F

was looking out in the harbor at inviting blue/green water.... now crossing the Port Williams bridge glaring at the muddy waters of the Cornwallis dotted with big ice flows

was repairing the dock in warm clear waters ... now banging on frozen brakes, laying on my back in wonderful fluffy snow creeping up my back as I am squirming to keep warm

was walking along listening to the wind in the coconut palms ... now watching the freezing snow come down and listening to the sloshing sound as I forced myself up the sidewalk

was meandering thru the reefs in my outboard, ready to jump off to explore another reef.... now bundled up on a forklift avoiding big stacks of apples as I look for the ones Melissa wants

But anyway thanks for welcoming me home.. now have to go to work"


Welcome Back Andrew, I know we all missed you, but are so glad you got a well-deserved vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment